The Armistice Challenge - 1/48 F-4J Phantom build

Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #31 by Viperbuilder
Replied by Viperbuilder on topic The Armistice Challenge - 1/48 F-4J Phantom build
The Armistice may be at risk now from not going ahead. Similarly, the IPMS Nationals will also be at risk if the pandemic continues to spread.

On the bench:
Airfix 1-48 Tiger Moth
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #32 by IAN
Small update:

Rear section metalwork done with Alclad & AK Xtreme lacquers. Will seal them with a clear coat tomorrow then get back to work on the cockpit - need to sort-out the pilots combing and add the gunsight then scratchbuild some details for the narrow section behind his seat. Also need to add all the latch & lock mechanisms to the sills.

Stay tuned. Stay well.

Ian.
Attachments:

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #33 by IAN
Last week I finished the pilots combing with the Eduard gunsight mount and some plastic card. At the end of the build I'll take the canopies off the fuselage and add the Airwaves etch latches and frames.:

This weekend I managed to get the wings on, intakes on... fair amount of filling and blending:

Next I'll mask the glare panel, then attach the radome, undercarriage legs and wing pylons.

Best from the 'Naki

Ian.
Attachments:

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #34 by Fritz
Looking good fellas. Keep the pictures coming through

In Progress:
Tamiya 1/48 F-117A
Hasegawa 1/48 TA-4K
www.kiwimodeller.com/index.php/forum/38-...zaf-1-48-ta-4k-build

Completed:
Hasegawa 1/48 A-4M

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #35 by IAN
Phantom progress now halted as I'm out of glossy white and that's obviously what I'll need next:

As you see it now, it's wearing two light coats of Tamiya white primer. The drop tank and elevators are primed too. When we emerge - hopefully unscathed - from Level IV, I'll be able to restart, until then this project is in a holding pattern.

Got another build I'm tinkering with and now this one is parked, I'll look for something else to keep me going. I never have more than two 'active' builds on the bench as I'm a bit stupid and get easily confused nowadays.

Ian.
Attachments:

Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary