Rear section metalwork done with Alclad & AK Xtreme lacquers. Will seal them with a clear coat tomorrow then get back to work on the cockpit - need to sort-out the pilots combing and add the gunsight then scratchbuild some details for the narrow section behind his seat. Also need to add all the latch & lock mechanisms to the sills.
Last week I finished the pilots combing with the Eduard gunsight mount and some plastic card. At the end of the build I'll take the canopies off the fuselage and add the Airwaves etch latches and frames.:
This weekend I managed to get the wings on, intakes on... fair amount of filling and blending:
Next I'll mask the glare panel, then attach the radome, undercarriage legs and wing pylons.
Phantom progress now halted as I'm out of glossy white and that's obviously what I'll need next:
As you see it now, it's wearing two light coats of Tamiya white primer. The drop tank and elevators are primed too. When we emerge - hopefully unscathed - from Level IV, I'll be able to restart, until then this project is in a holding pattern.
Got another build I'm tinkering with and now this one is parked, I'll look for something else to keep me going. I never have more than two 'active' builds on the bench as I'm a bit stupid and get easily confused nowadays.