Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Question about a resin upgrade set for a 1/32 Strike Eagle

Question about a resin upgrade set for a 1/32 Strike Eagle 1 month 3 weeks ago #1

• azzaob
  • azzaob's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Hi
Just wondering if anyone here has any idea what is the brand/maker, and quality, of this resin upgrade set for a [Revell?] 1/32 Strike Eagle.
I am thinking Paragon given the nature of instructions/resin colour?????
Thanks in advance
Aaron
www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1720122132

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Meet the new boss...same as the old boss...

Question about a resin upgrade set for a 1/32 Strike Eagle 1 month 2 weeks ago #2

• Flying_Kiwi
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 182
hi there, ... having bought a few sets for the F-15 in this scale (Flight Path, pwmp, IsraDecal Studio) i've never seen that one, the colour is unusual (old).

As i recall there wasn't to much correction work to do on the Revell F-15 E/D maybe some aftermarket cans but the shape is pretty good and you can scratch build the mods to the ECM pods etc.. on the fins.... although for $25 whats to loose!
The following user(s) said Thank You: azzaob

Most pilots last words are "Watch this"

Question about a resin upgrade set for a 1/32 Strike Eagle 1 month 2 weeks ago #3

• azzaob
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Hi thanks for that.
There are a few issues with the 1/32 Revell F-15 if you want to make it up as a service E, as I think from memory it pretty accurately depicts a B. I can source some cockpit resin for it, but just like to see exactly what is being sold here :)
Cheers, Aaron

Question about a resin upgrade set for a 1/32 Strike Eagle 1 month 2 weeks ago #4

• Viperbuilder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 400
Hi Aaron

It certainly looks like Paragon instructions and resin colour to me. I have other Paragon resin and the printing of the text is the same. Overall, Paragon did some good stuff.

On the bench:
Revell 1-72 Hunter FGA.9

Question about a resin upgrade set for a 1/32 Strike Eagle 1 month 2 weeks ago #5

• azzaob
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Decided to go with making the kit up as a B, as after doing some reading online about the kit, it is a long way off anything like other than a B or early D. Have ordered some nice 48FIS decals, and am just waiting for a seller in the US to get back to me with B specific resin.
The only Paragon resin I have is for the 1/48 EA-6B [thanks Craig] and it looks to be well-moulded. As I've got a Tamiya F-15E anyway, I think a B is in order :)
Cheers

Last Edit: by azzaob.

Question about a resin upgrade set for a 1/32 Strike Eagle 1 month 2 weeks ago #6

• Viperbuilder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
The Revell 1-32 F-15E is based on the prototype F-15E, which was converted from an F-15B. I've retained my Revell kit to make a B in due course. You'll need to replace the instrument panels on the Revell kit to make the interior look like a B of course and the wheels and tires, which are much wider on the E. The whole surface of the Revell kit needs sanding to smooth it out and sharpen the panel lines. It's a bit crude compared to the Tamiya kit, but then again as time passes, the Tamiya kit looks a bit crude compared with their F-16, and the Tamiya F-14 looks ever cruder in some of its mouldings and fit compared the later Tamiya 1-32 kits.

On the bench:
Revell 1-72 Hunter FGA.9

Question about a resin upgrade set for a 1/32 Strike Eagle 1 month 2 weeks ago #7

• azzaob
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Yep, partsrparts.homestead.com/F15parts.html has most of what is needed. Hope to hear back from him soon.

Last Edit: by azzaob.

Question about a resin upgrade set for a 1/32 Strike Eagle 1 month 2 weeks ago #8

• Viperbuilder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I had forgotten Bruce moulded those parts for the F-15. He used to be a FW-190 person and did some tidy work there. I'll interested to see how you get on with him as I need some of those Eagle bits too in due course.

On the bench:
Revell 1-72 Hunter FGA.9

Question about a resin upgrade set for a 1/32 Strike Eagle 1 month 2 weeks ago #9

• azzaob
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
will let you know when he gets back to me, as I can order some extra IPs/wheels at the same time

Question about a resin upgrade set for a 1/32 Strike Eagle 1 month 2 weeks ago #10

• Craig Sargent
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 221
Definitely Paragon resin. Safer bet to go with the early version from the Revell kit.

Small world really - I was having beers with Bruce Radebaugh and Jim Rotramel at the US Nats in Phoenix on Friday evening last week. Two of the nicest guys I've met in the hobby, though neither of them is young any more.

Glad you are happy with the A-6 bits Azza. Look forward to seeing what you do with them.

On The Bench
Eduard 1/48 Morane Saulner Type I
Eduard 1/48 Mirage IIICJ 'Tzniut'

Question about a resin upgrade set for a 1/32 Strike Eagle 1 month 2 weeks ago #11

• azzaob
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks Craig, Bruce has got back to me re postage etc...
I have not been able to find any reference to a 1/32 Paragon set for the F-15E online, only a mention of a modeller using a 1/48 Paragon update set for the Hase 1/48 F-15E, so perhaps the resin set is 1/48th, who knows.
Cheers, Aaron

Question about a resin upgrade set for a 1/32 Strike Eagle 2 weeks 4 days ago #12

• azzaob
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
lol...relisted as 1/48 and $5 more expensive now...:)
www.trademe.co.nz/toys-models/models/air...4fba9ab4f45866beb848

• Page:
Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary